Samsung recently launched the Galaxy A/F/M/S series of smartphones, which are aimed to be mid-range smartphones with feature reach and better design. If you have Samsung Galaxy A7, then this guide is for you. All of us know that Samsung UI is a bit heavy and lags over a period of time. But with One UI, it’s not the case. Samsung One UI is a newly crafted OS based on android with is more user-friendly and battery-friendly. But still, many people will want to root their device to debloat the Samsung OS and for other purposes. (like installing custom ROM, enabling hidden features).
In this guide, I will show you how to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A7. Without an unlocked bootloader, you cannot root the device and ultimately cannot install TWRP recovery. This guide explains the step-by-step procedure to unlock Samsung Galaxy A7 bootloader.
Key Specifications of Samsung Galaxy A7
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 615|
Things required to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A7 –
- You need to enable developer options to be able to unlock bootloader in Samsung Galaxy A7.
- Keep the battery percentage above 50% for safer operation.
- Use the original USB data cable to connect the phone to the computer.
- Make sure to backup all your data before starting the Samsung Galaxy A7 bootloader unlock procedure.
- Do not interrupt the process in-between. Let the phone restart own its own, do not force restart.
How to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A7 – Step by step procedure.
Follow these simple steps to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A7.
Please note that your data will be erased after you unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A7.
- Open the settings from your phone and go to About phone section and then Software information option.
- Tap on the build number 7 times to unlock developer options.
- Now, go back, and you should see the developer options under the settings menu.
- Open the developer options and scroll below and find “OEM Unlocking.”
- Enable this OEM unlocking option by toggling the button.
- Go back to the Home screen now.
- Now, turn off your phone and wait for the phone to switch it off completely.
- Press and hold both Volume Up and Volume down key on your Samsung Galaxy A7.
- While you keep pressing the Volume UP and Volume Down button, connect the phone to the Computer using a USB data cable.
- You can now see the download mode showing three options. (the second option is to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A7).
- Now, long-press the Volume UP button and your bootloader is unlocked.
- Restart the device and set up with your Google/Samsung account.
This is how you can unlock Samsung Galaxy A7 bootloader without Computer.