Samsung recently launched the Galaxy A/F/M/S series of smartphones, which are aimed to be mid-range smartphones with feature reach and better design. If you have Samsung Galaxy S9+, then this guide is for you. All of us know that Samsung UI is a bit heavy and lags over a period of time. But with One UI, it’s not the case. Samsung One UI is a newly crafted OS based on android with is more user-friendly and battery-friendly. But still, many people will want to root their device to debloat the Samsung OS and for other purposes. (like installing custom ROM, enabling hidden features).
In this guide, I will show you how to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S9+. Without an unlocked bootloader, you cannot root the device and ultimately cannot install TWRP recovery. This guide explains the step-by-step procedure to unlock Samsung Galaxy S9+ bootloader.
Key Specifications of Samsung Galaxy S9+
|Processor||Samsung Exynos 9810|
Things required to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S9+ –
- You need to enable developer options to be able to unlock bootloader in Samsung Galaxy S9+.
- Keep the battery percentage above 50% for safer operation.
- Use the original USB data cable to connect the phone to the computer.
- Make sure to backup all your data before starting the Samsung Galaxy S9+ bootloader unlock procedure.
- Do not interrupt the process in-between. Let the phone restart own its own, do not force restart.
How to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S9+ – Step by step procedure.
Follow these simple steps to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S9+.
Please note that your data will be erased after you unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S9+.
- Open the settings from your phone and go to About phone section and then Software information option.
- Tap on the build number 7 times to unlock developer options.
- Now, go back, and you should see the developer options under the settings menu.
- Open the developer options and scroll below and find “OEM Unlocking.”
- Enable this OEM unlocking option by toggling the button.
- Go back to the Home screen now.
- Now, turn off your phone and wait for the phone to switch it off completely.
- Press and hold both Volume Up and Volume down key on your Samsung Galaxy S9+.
- While you keep pressing the Volume UP and Volume Down button, connect the phone to the Computer using a USB data cable.
- You can now see the download mode showing three options. (the second option is to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S9+).
- Now, long-press the Volume UP button and your bootloader is unlocked.
- Restart the device and set up with your Google/Samsung account.
This is how you can unlock Samsung Galaxy S9+ bootloader without Computer.