Almost all phones nowadays come with the bootloader locked. Many people may want to unlock Bootloader of their Android Phones for various reasons such as Rooting, Custom ROMS, etc. In this tutorial, I am going to share with you how of how to unlock bootloader Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB). We will also know what is bootloader, why you need to unlock bootloader, pre-requisites to unlock bootloader Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB), and the step-by-step method to unlock bootloader Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB).
- 0.1 What is Bootloader in Android?
- 0.2 Why do you need to unlock bootloader in Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB)?
- 0.3 Key Specifications of Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB)
- 1 Pre-requisits for Bootloader Unlock Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB)
- 2 How to unlock Bootloader Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB)? – Step by step guide.
What is Bootloader in Android?
A bootloader is a program stored in an Android device that gives the command to boot the device correctly and load the necessary programs to boot correctly. To avoid any functionality issue on the device, bootloader files are not accessible to users and stored safely within the root of the secured storage of the device.
Why do you need to unlock bootloader in Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB)?
The primary purpose of unlocking bootloader is to root your device and flash customs ROMS on your device. Unlocking bootloader on your device gives access to bootloader files which can later be changed to install custom ROMS made by developers. Also, you can root your device after unlock bootloader Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB) to extend the functionality of your phone and use it to the true potential of the device.
The Risk –
Note that unlocking bootloader will void warranty of your device. Many smartphone companies allow unlocking bootloader officially but some companies aren’t. It’s better to wait till the warranty period is over and then you can perform Unlock bootloader in Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB) to get full access to your device.
Key Specifications of Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB)
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G|
|Rear Camera||48MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP|
Pre-requisits for Bootloader Unlock Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB)
Before we start the actual process, we need to make sure that the device is ready for unlocking the bootloader and necessary things are available with you.
A] You need a PC and Data Cable –
To complete the bootloader unlocking process, you need a computer (Windows or Mac). Make sure that Computer has a backup power supply in case of a power cut. Also,
B] USB Data Cable
To complete the bootloader unlocking process, you also need a Data Transfer Cable. Make sure that use the original USB data cable that came with the Phone itself.
C] Download and Install USB Drivers on PC
You must install the USB drivers on your computer to properly detect your phone. Download the official USB drivers for your smartphone from here – https://www.xda-developers.com/download-android-usb-drivers/
D] Download Mi Unlock Too
Mi Unlock tool is an official tool to unlock bootloader in Xiaomi and Poco Devices. You must install the tool from the official Mi website to avoid the risk of virus/malware. Download Mi Unlock Tool from here – https://en.miui.com/unlock/download_en.html
E] Enable USB Debugging
Enable USB debugging on your phone to be able to unlock bootloader in Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB)
- Go to Settings on your Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB) and then go to About Phone.
- Locate the Device Build Number option and tap on it 7 times.
- You can now view the message – You are now a developer!
- Go back and then go to Additional Settings and then tap on Developer options from the settings.
- Now turn on the developer options and then enable USB debugging from the options.
F] Add Mi account in Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB)
You must log in to your Mi account or create and login to a new account on your phone to unlock bootloader. Without a Mi account login, Xiaomi won’t allow you to unlock bootloader in your device.
- Open Settings on the phone and tap on the Mi Account option.
- Then log in with the mobile number or Create a New Account.
- Once the account is created, turn on Sync to verify the account is properly logged in.
G] Enable OEM Unlock
- Open Settings.
- Go to Additional Settings and tap on Developer options.
- Now, enable OEM Unlocking option.
- Then enter you lock screen pattern or password and again select Enable Anyway option.
Once you complete all these requirements, we can now learn the actual process of unlocking bootloader in Xiaomi phones.
How to unlock Bootloader Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB)? – Step by step guide.
- Turn off your Smartphone.
- Press and hold Power button and Volume Down button to go to the Fastboot mode.
- Now locate the downloaded Zip –miflash_unlock-en-xxxxx.zip on your computer and extract all the files from the zip.
- Now open the Mi Unlock Tool folder and open “batch_unlock.exe” program.
- Now on the tool, click on the Sign in option. Then Log in with the Mi account or mobile number.
- Now, connect your phone to a PC using a USB data cable.
- The tool will detect your device and shows the Phone connected on the screen.
- Now click on Unlock button to start bootloader Unlock process.
- A prompt message will now appear on the screen. Here, click on Unlock Anyway button.
- Wait till the Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB) bootloader unlock Process to complete. Do not interrupt the process by closing the tool or removing data cable.
- Done! Once the unlocking process completes, the message Unlocked successfully will be shown on the screen.
- Click on the Reboot button to restart the phone, then remove the data cable from the phone.
Your phone now has an unlocked bootloader, and the process of how to unlock bootloader Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB) is now completed.
How do I know if my Redmi Note 9 Pro (6GB RAM, 128GB) bootloader is unlocked?
Go to settings and tap on Additional Settings. Then open Developer options and tap on Device Unlock Status. If your device is unlocked, you can view the message on the screen.